Wednesday 22 April 2015

Spring flowers

My daffodils and hyacinth have grown by leaps and bounds in the past couple of days, the daffodils have flower heads on them, and the hyacinth are ready to pop open! Tulips are also ready to flower, but we have a few cooler days, which retards the growth a little.
I just love this time of year, it feels like everything is being reborn, everyone I know feels happier and more free/ optimistic every day that the sun shines, and the temperature rises. Even our puppy, who is now 6 years old, and really not a puppy, springs up and down, playing and running with joy! He loves to play with his little squeaky dog, especially when he has had a good walk outside, just to tell me he had fun! Most of you know, that I rescued my shihtzu, Wookie from Niagara Humane Society, in September, when he was 18 months old, he was found a stray, he was very fearful of everything, especially of men in dark clothing(the dog catchers wear dark clothing and use treats to lure strays into the truck) so of course that makes sense, but Wookie wouldn't go to Ray, my husband, or any one of our m/ c friends, for a long time, especially if he/ she was wearing motorcycle gear! For the first couple of weeks I held him, soothed him, fed him by hand, because he only weighed 9 lbs, really too skinny for his size. By the time we had our family over for thanksgiving, he was more comfortable, but still hid after a time, until they went home. He has come a long way since then, recognizes everyone in the neighbourhood, loves all the girls, sits with Ray everyday, taking up half of Ray's lazy boy chair and really misses his Dad, when he goes for a m/c ride. But he's still my baby, cuddles with me every day, kisses me, especially when I have coffee breath and is a major joy in our lives, I couldn't!, wouldn't want to live without him! So take a moment, breath the fresh spring air and stop to look at the greenery sprouting up around you!


No comments:

Post a Comment