Saturday 18 April 2015

Forsythia and othe spring garden goodies

it has been at least two weeks since we have had a bit of warmer weather, I see some of my neighbors in our area already have early daffodils, even though we are in the warmest part of Ontario, my bulbs are facing the north side of the house...the front.......gets sun most of the day, but the garden grows more slowly than in my south gardens. It makes an ideal location though, for rhododendrons and azaleas, of which I have many, some very old and some put in last fall, I can hardly wait to see them blooming!
Forsythia are almost ready to pop, I have the tiny English bluebells blooming under the maple, and of the three hellebores I planted last spring, one is thriving and blooming, a lovely pale cherise on the outside and a lime to pale green flower.....when I can figure out how to upload the pictures, I will show all of the plants, gardens and my favorites in bloom.
In the meantime, winter must have been trying for my chipmunk friends, as the tulips I planted long ago on the top of the incline are now nearer to their underground home at the bottom! Nibble nibble all winter long....can't say I blame them! The little star of Bethlehem has jumped out of the flower beds to all over the grassy area in front, also the work of our underground friends! In the front of the house, I have only one crocus left, a lovely blue one that somehow got missed!
The grape hyacinth and regular hyacinth have flower heads on them also, so maybe by next week, we wil have a real show!

No comments:

Post a Comment