Wednesday 3 June 2015

Garden in Spring

I have a great garden, periodically I make changes, move things around, usually to make room for new bushes, vines and other perennials. Last fall, I took out my huge hydrangea bushes in the front and planted these great azalea bushes, covered the root ball with soil, mulched with pine needles, well not only did they survive...(what I didn't say is it took me a long time to decide where they were going, so they sat potted in the front of the house for at least 3 weeks), this is the color very vibrant!


This next picture is of the new hellebores or Lenten roses I planted last fall, there were three but only two survived the winter, they are amoung the first to bloom after the tulips but before the star of Bethlehem!


I love to change and rearrange the plants in my various gardens, endlessly satisfying for a few dollars you can add great color to your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment